- Uses:Pots, mixed containers and rock gardens
- Garden height:4″ / 10 cm
- Crop time:9-11 weeks
- Sowing method:3-5 seeds per plug, sowing directly into final pot is recommended
- Germination*:Stage 1 (10-18 days)
- Growing On:Transplant plugs after 4-5 weeks. Maintain temperatures of 50-65 °F
(10-18 °C). Fertilize at 100 ppm nitrogen. Sedum does not require high fertilization levels.
- Media:Use a well-drained, growing substrate,1-1,5 kg/m³ complete balanced fertilizer,
0-2 kg/m³ slow release fertilizer (3-9 months), iron-chelate, micronutrients, pH 5.5-7.0.
- Temperature:Grow at 10-18 °C.
- Fertilization:Low-moderate fertilization levels are required. Fertilize the crop weekly with
80-100 ppm nitrogen (at 2 kg/m³ slow release fertilizer in substrate), using complete balanced fertilizer.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.