Delphinium F1 Aurora™ Series
SOWING: Spring, fall
FINISHING: Summer, fall
TRAY SIZE: 288 or larger
GERMINATION: Emergence 10 -12 days / 65°F; cover with vermiculite—needs dark conditions for
PLUG FINISH TIME: 5 - 6 weeks
TRANSPLANT: 35-45 days after sowing
SPACING: 35-45 days after sowing
DAYS TO FLOWER: 65 – 75 days
TEMPERATURE: 60- 80°F day / 45- 50°F night
• For greenhouse production, sow seeds in the fall (Oct. to Dec.) for a March to May flowering time
• In mild climates, production can be outside as they prefer cool temperatures
• Sow August thru September plants will flower in November, and February to May plantings will flower
during the summer and fall
• During cooler times of the year, cut back after flowering to initiate re-flowering, average of 6-7 weeks
• Keep soil well drained and cool as they are susceptible to root rot.
• Reduce the amount of fertilizer after bud initiation to reduce disease problems.
• Deep Purple will flower 7 days earlier than the other colors.
Descriptions, illustrations, photos and disease resistance, etc. are based upon the results obtained under favorable conditions and certain races of